Saturday, February 19, 2011

Back to Blogging

After a long blog deprivation in my life, I am now back on the bandwagon of one of my favorite hobbies...blogging! I love being able to write my own personal online journal. Who knows if anyone but myself even reads it, but it is a way to say what's on my mind and in my heart. I love it. It is truly something that brings joy into my life.

This past month has been busy busy, hence the reason I have not had any time to update. So here's a quick catch up of the past months festivities: the good, the bad, the fun, the crazy, the sad, and everything in between.

Christmas

Christmas was beautiful this year. I had such an incredible experience performing in the Pickleville Christmas Show. Some of my dearest friends and best holiday memories were made through this. Thank you TJ, Drea and the whole Davis clan for giving me the chance to do what I love especially during the most wonderful time of the year.

The cast of the Pickleville show

My uncle Shawn, Aunt Teresa and cute cousin Gabriella came to visit for the holiday. We had such a wonderful time with all of my mom's family. Christmas is all about family, friends and loved ones. I realized that a lot this year. I feel so blessed to have been able to spend quality time playing games and laughing with those people that are closest to my heart. How truly blessed I am.

The family Christmas card photo

My best friends in the whole entire world

My cousin Gabriella. Is she not the cutest thing ever?

Christmas day with my grandparents

Mmmmm Christmas memories :)

Hawaii

This trip could be a blog post in and of itself. Seriously. It was AMAZING! No wait, amazing is an understatement. The most descriptive and flowery words in the world couldn't adequately explain my experience. So I will do my best. On December 30 (my mama's birthday), 9 of us took off on blistery and icy roads to Las Vegas. The next morning we flew out to the most beautiful paradise I have ever been to. Granted, I have not traveled too much in my life to tropical settings. Let's be honest, this was my first airline experience that I have been old enough to remember. Sad, I know.

We got to Oahu on New Years Eve and stayed in the Hilton Hawaiian Village right on Waikiki Beach. We watched fireworks and partied that night, which was a great introduction to a wonderful week. A few, but not all, of the things we did included: going to Pearl Harbor, boogie boarded and body surfed at the beach, went to the PCC, visited the temple, went snorkeling, attended a legit Hawaiian ward, went shopping at the largest mall I have ever been to, built a giant sandcastle woman, and did plenty of laying out. Those rays were oh-so-good to me that week. When the week was finally up, it was hard to say good-bye. Hawaii and I were instant bff's and I didn't want to come back to bleak Utah and face the reality of a new semester beginning.

Coming home wasn't all that bad though. I had missed family and friends and was happy to see them all again. My friend Corey picked me up from the airport and although it was a little dreary outside, it was wonderful reuniting with the special people in my life. What a trip though! Thank you to Tami, Blake and Ashley Kohler for providing a trip of a lifetime. I feel so lucky to have been able to go. And I WILL be going back to Hawaii someday. Maybe with my family this time. Maybe on a honeymoon one day. Who knows, but I do know that I will rekindle that friendship with the islands and hopefully it will be soon.

Hawaii pictures...be prepared for these.
For more pictures, click here. I might overload blogger if I share them all.

New Years Eve. Watching firework on the beach.

Our condo.

The ladies after church on Sunday.

Snorkeling

The whole group. What a fun bunch!

Does this look fake? Yes. But it is real as can be! Hunauma Bay.

The Polynesian Cultural Center

Possibly my favorite part of the vacation. The Temple.

Our giant 20-foot sandcastle woman. We were the biggest tourist attraction. No joke.

Our last day in Hawaii.

I'm a sucker for a beautiful sunset.

Odds and Ends

School
Here I am almost two months after my trip. School is in full swing and Spring Break is in sight. Where does the time go? Seriously. I am currently in "Level 2" of the Elementary Education program which includes spending 3 out of 5 days a week at Greenville Elementary School with the best 4th grade class in the world. I have no doubt in my mind that this is the field I should be going into. Each day brings new events...some good and some bad. But the children are darling and my heart is going to be a little broken next week when I have to switch classes. I have really grown to love them.

Provo
A few weeks ago, I went down to Provo to visit my dear friend Whitney Davis. She is like the other half of my personality that makes me whole. I love spending time with her and it bites that we have to live 2 hours away. But because of that, we get to have fun visits. Thank you Whitney for being such a dear friend to me. You provide me with endless hours of laughter and you are always there to listen to my stories. What a perfect friend you make. :)

Going to church with Whit in Provo.

Color Me Mine. They are sure creative down in Utah County.

Good-byes
Speaking of friends, it is never a happy thing when a good friend leaves your life, be that for whatever reason. Sometimes it just happens though. That's recently happened in mine. But, it's not a bad thing, just...it can make the heart hurt a little to know that someone you care a lot about won't be there like they used to. Let me just say this though, the Lord is mindful of everyone. Sometimes letting go of feelings is part of his mindful plan. He wants us to be happy and sometimes it takes sadness to create happiness. Good friends never really leave our hearts or our thoughts. They will always be there to lend a helping hand in times of need. I wouldn't take back one day of my friendship, but I'm happy where I'm at now. I have SO much to be thankful for and I count my blessings everyday. I know that there is a plan for me and my life. Sometimes I just wish I was psychic and could foresee what that plan is. Oh well, I guess that's all part of this crazy thing we call life.

Brothers
I'd argue with anyone that I have some of the coolest brothers in the world. I have often times wished on every star that my mom would have a baby girl so that I could finally enjoy having a sister. But having all brothers isn't too bad. I get my own room and don't have to share clothes or make-up. My brothers live with a steady dose of sports which means that I do too. I really love sports now and could tell you a lot more about the NBA than I ever thought I would be able to. They really are great guys and I'm happy to be able to spend time with them. Here are a few pictures of them at their basketball games this past week. These boys live for playing ball and they are really good too...just saying.


Aaron shooting free-throws.

Watching Aaron's game.

Jared going for the ball.

Last night, Aaron and I had a little brother/sister bonding time. He has got to be one of the world's most biggest Brian Regan fans. Now, he doesn't love Brian like he loves Jimmer Fredette or anything BYU related for that matter, but he is still quite a fan. So in early December, I found out that Brian Regan was coming to do some shows here in Logan. I guess I was a little late hearing this because when I went online to get tickets every single show was completely sold out. Let's just say, Logan loves Brian! A few minutes later, I saw a link for tickets available for a new 10:30 pm show they had just added. There were awesome seats available still so click! I bought two tickets right away. I was originally going to go with a friend, but things didn't really work out for that to happen, so cute little Aaron begged me to go and I was thrilled to take him.

We had such a great time. I haven't laughed so hard for a long time. He had a brand new comedy show...we had never heard any of his jokes before. And gosh, his face and actions and voices are HILARIOUS! No wonder all of his shows are sold out. Then for the encore, he took requests of people's favorite acts. He did mine and Aaron's favorite: Stupid in School. Classic! Despite how late it was, and Aaron had a b-ball game early in the morning the next day, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thank you Brian Regan for being so dang funny and for coming to Logan. We loved you!

Waiting for the show to start.

The man himself. Brian Regan.


This is the infamous "Stupid in School." He finished the show last night with this act and oh my gosh, my tummy hurt from laughter.

Well, if anyone is still reading this post, I'd be quite surprised and impressed. It is long enough...sheesh! What a fun few months it has been though. A lot of emotions have been felt, many being new ones, and what a fun ride it's been. I am looking forward to faithfully blogging again too. They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder... So dear neglected blog of mine, I am back. Don't you even worry. :)

1 comment:

shlipea said...

Dear Meg, how did I not know you are an El Ed major? It is seriously the BEST!! And Greenville is great; that's where I did my level 3. :)

I'm still jealous that you got to go to Hawaii. And I'm glad the Brian Regan thing worked out for you.

Oh. And I love you. :)