Saturday, March 5, 2011

Puzzle Pieces

Have you ever tried putting together a puzzle? The very beginning stage can seem confusing with all of the pieces scattered everywhere. They seem to have absolutely no connection and make zero sense. But when the puzzle is finally put together, it makes sense. The picture is complete. Well, in a way, my post today is just that. It's a bunch of random bits of my mind being put together in an online journal. But when it's all said and done, these random bits all combined simply create me. And if anything, at least that makes sense to myself. :)

So first off, Hannah at Fashion Diary of a Mormon Girl tagged me in her blog post. So I am continuing the blogging fun! It's this little game called "The Handwriting Game" that tells a little bit about myself and shows my handwriting. Kinda fun!

The last step is to tag 3 other bloggers so they can continue to the game. I tagged my friends Lauren, Blair and Kelsey....all of which have darling blogs that I read on a regular basis. Thanks Hannah for tagging me and letting me be a part of the fun!

This past week was Sisterhood Week with the IWA (Institute Women's Association). This was mine and Sarah Smith's big project for the year and needless to say, it turned out pretty awesome! There were some fun classes including Zumba, Crepe-making and a dating class. Now, I was a little timid about having a dating class but holy smokes, it was a big hit! Brother Hunsaker, a teacher up at the Institute, taught the class and did a fantastic job. The main idea was living our lives by principle rather than by circumstance. Here are a few of the thoughts that I wrote down during his lesson.
  • Do you carry the gospel or does the gospel carry you?
  • The Spirit won't ever talk when it's convenient. He wants to see if we'll listen.
  • Happiness comes when we choose to live by eternal things. Satan can't manipulate truth, because it is eternal.
  • When you live by principle, you have power to do very hard things.
Now for the dating advice:
  • Purpose of a date: to learn about your date and serve him
  • If he doesn't call you again, you will be fine because it wasn't all about you.
  • Don't connect the circumstance with the principle.
Finally, he ended by talking about getting our hearts broken, something that is a fear for everyone. I would absolutely list that in the top 5 things I am most afraid of. He quoted C.S. Lewis:

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket--safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable."

Beautifully said. I firmly believe that everyone that has ever felt even a little bit of heartache has wanted to lock their hearts and throw away the key. I can only imagine what it would be like to have a major heartbreak. This quote is pretty awesome. True happiness comes from things eternal. Love is eternal, so why shut our hearts away from that thing can can bring us true happiness?

Alright now for a little weekly update. I will take care of this through pictures. Enjoy!

Visiting my cousin Melissa and her baby Max in the hospital.

Out with the family.

Once upon a time I blogged about a snowstorm. It happened again.

The last Utah State home game of the season.

With my cute friend Whitli.

I LOVE UTAH STATE BASKETBALL!

For my last puzzle piece, I have to make note of the thing that has brought me sanity this past week. Sara Bareilles radio on Padora. I'm not kidding, I have been listening to it on my computer, on my phone getting ready in the morning, at work...almost 24/7. I'm afraid that I'm going to have my 40 hours maxed out for March before this first week is even over. Might I highly recommend that station though. Other current favorite Pandora stations include: Adele, Glee Cast, and Disney. I'm always open to new suggestions too. :)

Well, this upcoming week is Spring Break and I cannot even express how happy I am for a week off of school. No scratch that, more like a week off of life. I love breaks and everybody needs one once in a while. Spring break: just one more piece to add to the puzzle of my life.

2 comments:

Kensie Lee said...

Megan! Thanks so much for writing such adorable blog posts. I love getting on and seeing that you have a new one. It really is a bit of sunshine in my life :)

Megan Michelle said...

Kens! Ah thank you...I'm glad to know at least someone other than myself reads them haha. I didn't even realize that you had a blog. But you better believe that I'm adding you to my stalking list. :) I just think you are fantastic. Seriously.