Monday, May 21, 2012

Wedding Bells are a Ringin'

First comes loves. Then comes marriage. Or so they say... This summer is no doubt the summer of weddings! I think that every summer is, but now that I am in the prime age for marriage, I swear that a million people my age are tying the knot within the next 4 months. Yay! One of these couples includes my big brother Matt. Two days ago, he sealed the deal with his cutie fiance (now wife) Brynnly Pabst.


Let's just say their story is kind of an interesting one. They have been friends for almost two years, but were not officially dating. If Brynnly would have had it her way though, they would have been married last summer haha. But Matt was a very slow mover. They met through a business leadership program up at Utah State and realized how much they had in common. They were in a lot of the same classes and even the same ward. Who knew that Brynnly's family lived up the street from my parents? I remember Brynnly from high school...she was a year younger than me. I didn't know her well, but I knew of her and thought that she was a cute girl.

Anyway, after being best friends for what seemed like forever and traveling to South America together on a study abroad, they kind of started to officially date. Then they weren't. But still acted like they were. But were dating other people. But still always wanted to be together. Do you see why their story is an interesting one? Haha. Finally, Matt got his act together and started pursuing Brynnly with the idea of marriage. And I swear after he made that decision, they were engaged and married in the blink of an eye.

And boy is everyone thrilled about it! They are perfect for each other in every way. I love Brynnly, although it took me a minute. Not because she isn't the coolest girl ever, but because I think I was a little jealous of her taking my brother away. Weird, I know. It's not like I was dating my big brother haha. But it was the first girl that my brother ever really dated seriously, so it was a slight adjustment for me at first. Brynnly is awesome though. Matt couldn't have gotten a neater girl. And I couldn't have gotten a cuter sister! Seriously, we all love Brynnly and are so happy she is a part of our family now. Brynnly Bagley...that is a nice ring to it, don't you think? :)


So here is a little overview of their big day through pictures. I won't commentate for each one because I think the pics are pretty self-explanatory. The day was perfect in every possible way. Both Matt and Brynnly were glowing the whole day. The temple ceremony was beautiful (or so I heard), pictures turned out great, the luncheon was yuuuuumy!, and the reception was simple and elegant.

Hopefully you will enjoy their special day, just like we did, by looking at these little beauties.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Well there you have it, Matt and Brynnly's dream wedding happened. I honestly don't think that Brynnly could have imagined her big day going any better. Let's hope that one day when I get married, mine will go so perfectly. But that's not going to happen for a bit...I've got to find me a husband first. :) So the two little love birds are now honeymoonin' down in San Diego. Then they will be living in Salt Lake for the summer for Matt to complete an internship with Goldman Sachs. In the fall, they will be back in Logan finishing school. All three of us will graduate in December. Three cheers for growing up!

Weddings are so wonderful. I am so happy and excited for all of my friends that have or are getting hitched this summer. Seeing all these great examples in my life validate my strong opinion even more that I want to get married and sealed in the temple one day. Hmmm, one day... :)

Ooh, last little thought. So there was some huge hype going on yesterday about the super-cool, incredible, amazing, one-of-a-kind eclipse. Alright, so it wasn't really that awesome for me because I didn't know how to look for it. I took one peek at the sun and my eyes were temporarily blinded. Not a smart move. About all I have to show for my eclipse-viewing efforts is a nice picture. I enjoyed all of the pictures though slapped up on Facebook of the shadows from the eclipse. I feel like I saw the eclipse through that. And the sun was surely bright and gorgeous last night. Three cheers for nature and the awesomeness of the universe! I am so looking forward to a summer full of beautiful sunsets and beautiful weddings. 

No comments: