Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mom's Day

Every year when Mother's Day rolls around, I remember how wonderful and amazing my dear mom is. In fact, last year I went to town on how great my mom is. Don't remember? Here you go.

This year the holiday was all about my mom. It was her day and we let her do whatever she wanted. No cooking, no cleaning, nada. She even sat down and played the piano. It was wonderful.

My mom is truly the best! I know that everyone says that about their moms, and I think everyone has the right to brag about their mom being the best. The best for them, at least.

Since I am friends with the LDS Missionaries on Facebook (You should become their friend if you are not. They post the best quotes and thoughts every day!), I got to see this cute little clip from lds.org. They also attached these quotes from our beloved prophets about mothers:

"You women, be kind and gracious and generous. Strengthen your children with your faith and your testimony. Lift them up. Help them to walk through the troubled ways of the world as they grow in this very difficult age. Support, sustain, uphold, and bless your husbands with your love and your encouragement; and the Lord will bless you."   -Gordon B. Hinckley

"Men, take care not to make women weep, for God counts their tears."   -Thomas S. Monson

"May each of us remember this truth: one cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one."  -LDS Missionaries

 A Mother's Eyes sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

 My mom is a great example of strengthening her children through her testimony and example. She is such a constant light in my life. I can look to her daily and her virtue shines through. I am so grateful for my mom and all of her daily selfless service. I have no doubt that the Lord knew I would be the best fit for my mom, and she for me. My mom is my best friend and has taught me more than anyone in this world. Love you mom!



No comments: