Saturday, November 6, 2010

An APPLE a day keeps the doctor away.

Today I am thankful for iTunes.

Apple's genius invention of iTunes has been my best and worst friend since I owned an iPod, which was my sophomore year of high school. I remember that Christmas morning opening a package from Santa, and being ecstatic at the sight of a small white iPod. Ever since then, I'm sure I have invested thousands of dollars into the purchasing of music through iTunes. It has helped me find almost every song I have ever wanted to find, be that the most popular hit on VFX, some oldies classic from the 1960's that I heard at my old job, or a cheesy karaoke track that I will never be able to actually sing to because it sounds WAY too canned. An iPod upgrade and a good chunk of change later, and here I am today. Still addicted to iTunes. And to be honest, I'm not really trying to break that addiction.

Today, I went a little overboard perhaps with my purchasing. But hey, it had been at least a month and a half since I bought any new music. That's a long time for an addict like me.
Items purchased on November 6th:

A Thousand Suns (Album): Linkin Park [Thank you Cole Lewis for introducing me]
Teenage Dream (Album): Katy Perry [Finally I am buying this!]
Speak Now (Album): Taylor Swift
Love, Save the Empty (Album): Erin McCarley [On sale! YEAH!]
On a Clear Night (Album): Missy Higgings [I just completed this album. It was necessary.]
Without You: Keith Urban
We R Who We R: Ke$ha [Don't judge. I like this song.]
Don't You Wanna Stay: Jason Aldean w/ Kelly Clarkson
Love Story Meets Love Story: Jon Schmidt

Also, please note the new selection of music in my blog's playlist. If I'm updating my iTunes library, I might as well update my music here, right?

Alright now you know of my music obsession. But there is something good that comes from this. I have been exposed to a lot of different types of music. And perhaps the best reason for iTunes is the amazing access to wonderful music, like hymns. I have found some really amazing arrangements of Sunday appropriate songs, including my favorite hymn Abide With Me; Tis Eventide. In fact, I have a whole playlist on my iPod, named Righteous Tunes, that is full of uplifting and spiritually inviting songs. Many of which were purchased on iTunes.

I am grateful for technology and the rapid advancements it is making. I feel like there are always updates and as soon as I upgrade anything, it's already outdated, iTunes being the quintessential example. But I have to imagine that the Lord puts this incredible technology in our lives for our benefit. Our job is to use it wisely, discover the good that can come from it, and stay as far away from the evil as possible. If we do that, we will continue to be blessed and can increase our spirituality through these tools that are at our fingertips.

Enjoy this new favorite comic of mine.

No comments: