Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Movin' Our Bodies Blues"

It has almost been three weeks since I started my music class.
Three more days, and it's over.
Time, why do you go so quickly?

Well, the end of class means finals week. Woo hoo! (with a heavy dose of sarcasm). So for my final teaching project, we had the opportunity to go into a classroom and teach a song to the kids. I got in contact with Mrs. Williams, my mentor teacher for my previous block of practicum. She was actually my Kindergarten teacher back in the day, so it was so much fun to be able to spend five weeks in her class as a Level 2 student. She now teaches 1st grade, and holy smokes, those little 1st graders just melted my heart. I don't know if it is because this is the age group I'm meant to teach, or if I just had one incredible experience, but I'm kind of sold on teaching the younger grades when I finally have a classroom of my own.

Anyway, I was able to go back to her class today with Heather for our final project. And let me tell you, we were welcomed with lots of sticky hugs and excited children. Those kids make you feel like you're a celebrity. "Miss Bagley!" "Miss Bagley!" I will always have a soft spot in my heart for them. And they were so darling to participate for the activity today. We taught a song titled "Movin' Our Bodies Blues" and one called "Goodbye, Everyone". We were required to film it to show our professor and Heather, the talented girl she is, posted it on Youtube so I could have a copy.

Check out these sweethearts that I got to spend a month with. Jealous? Here is just a taste of what I'm looking forward to doing in the future. It makes me SO excited to think about being a teacher one day. AH! :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! Soooo cute!! You are going to be such a great teacher Megan!

Karen said...

Mega! I love this :) You are gonna be an awesome teacher. I also LOVE all the music you put on your blog! Thanks for giving me some awesome songs. Love you... miss you too...